Tuesday, June 29, 2010

...

My husband was kind enough to give me some extra money this afternoon so I could rent Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief and some junk food to enjoy while he was out tonight with the guys. I am rather excited. The beginning credits are paused as I felt compelled to post something here quickly.
My dearest friend has started her own "blog" to document her travels and studies in Germany. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to catch glimpses of her heart from so far away! However, I was slightly depressed at the idea of her having to do it because she'll be so far away for so much longer! (she's been in the UK for 4 years now...) And I realize that my feelings are completely selfish. She is the most brilliant person I know (aside from Dr. Peter Wood) and I am so incredibly proud of her! How many people do you know that get to study for the PhD. in Germany? Not many, I'll bet you. The last time she was home, my youngest daughter was 2 months old. That was six months ago. T is now crawling, sitting up, eating solids and trying to talk. I ache that my daughters won't know their mother's best friend except on rare visits. I want them to know how special she is, for more than just giving really cool gifts. Someday. Do you hear me? You aren't allowed to move there permanently!!! Of course, I have no say in anything...but it feels better to put my own opinions forth. =)

2 comments: